Leigh Collett welcomed everybody to the meeting and gave a brief history of what the Trust have been involved in over the past year
- ITV Digital campaign
- Sponsorship of the Wanborough training facility
- 'Kick out Racism' campaign
- Community Office Junior 5 a side tournament
- Organisation of several Fans Forums
2. AGM/Trust board nominations
Peter Woods gave details of the voting nominations and deadlines
4 nominations have been received :-
- Paul Wardell
- Tony Norris
- Andy Ratcliffe
- Andrew Hounsell
3. Trust nomination of Fan Representative
Leigh Collett gave details of the reasoning and time scales involved with the attempted nomination of Justin Tomlinson as
TrustSTFC fans rep
Concerns raised from the floor included
- How representative would this be considering that a relatively small numbers of Swindon fans are Trust members.
- Has the Trust got past the first stage, which would be to get the club to support the concept of a fans rep.
- Are there any other clubs that have achieved fans representation.
- What happened to STFC fan Nick Prescott who got on the board 18 months ago.
- Fans hadn't heard about Justin Tomlinson before or after the STFC AGM.
- The lack of communication between the Trust and the club and the perception of open warfare given in the various media.
- The Trust not revealing the truth about everything that is going on.
- The Trust should let fans know what they are doing on a more regular basis.
In response Leigh Collett pointed out the following
Justin Tomlinson also replied to some of the points
- The Trust would listen to any suggestions that would help increase membership and make the Trust more representative.
- The Trust would welcome suggestions as to a way forward on the issue of voting for a fans rep from the supporter base. He then pointed out the need for the club to be supportive of the idea as without this support any form of election would be a waste of time and money.
- The Trust had had talks with a prospective developer. Not Donnegan and Blatchley though.
- Justin Tomlinson was nominated as fans rep at short notice by the Trust board as an interim measure. Justin has been a member of the TrustSTFC board for the last 12 months, having been selected at the previous TrustSTFC AGM.
- His nomination was a short-term interim measure, a 'foot in the door'
- Getting a fan on the STFC board, would good for the club and good for the fans
The formal part of the meeting was concluded and Andy King was invited to take the floor
Next Meeting Trust AGM